Saturday, April 25, 2009

Seven Grandfathers

I wanted to tell you what I am hoping to achieve when I decided to home school you.

Each of you have your own strengths and weakness and I know one day you will learn what works for you.
My job as your mother and your teacher is not to make you a doctor, engineer, lawyer or whatever..
There is something much more important than achieving academic heights.
My job is to show you what that is.
For that you need to know the seven Grandfathers teachings.
Following are the seven important things that you will have to know to lead a meaningful life.
  1. Wisdom: To cherish knowledge is to know wisdom.
  2. Love: Love must be unconditional.
  3. Respect: Have respect for all that is. All of creation should be treated with respect. You must give respect if you wish to be respected.
  4. Bravery: To face a foe with integrity. To do what's right even when the consequences are unpleasant.
  5. Honesty: Always be honest in word and action. Be honest first with yourself, and you will more easily be able to be honest with others.
  6. Humility: You are equal to others, but you are not better.
  7. Truth: Speak the truth. Do not deceive yourself or others.

As you can see knowledge is the foundation on which you will build your life. As your mother apart from my unconditional love that is the best gift I can give you.

No comments:

Post a Comment